Saturday 25 January 2014

Home made Tzatziki recipe

Tzatziki is my favourite dip but I had never made it until last weekend. I couldn't believe how easy it is, how little clearing up is required afterwards and how gorgeous it is when you make it yourself. I had half this portion for dinner on Saturday evening with carrot and pepper batons and crackers made from thin slices of seeded paleo bread (recipe can be found in October 2012 of this blog) which I toasted until crisp. These made a more healthy low carb wheat free alternative to traditional crispbreads or crackers. 

You will need:

250 ml full fat natural probiotic yogurt (organic if possible)
1/2 cucumber grated (I didn't use all the seeded bit in the  middle)
1 garlic clove 
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Mix it all together in a bowl and eat immediately or chill in the fridge for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment