Thursday 23 January 2014

Grain free breakfast muffins

I made these to take out shopping with me on Saturday with my daughter as I knew tea and cake would come into the equation somewhere and I wanted to be prepared. They are really nice and very nutritious. You could add other healthy fruits or nuts or even some grated carrot or sweet potato. I used butter but you can make these dairy free by using coconut oil.



You will need:

30 g coconut flour
30 g butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
4 tbsp coconut milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tbsp coconut sugar (also called coconut nectar)
30 g raisins
30 g shredded coconut
30 g chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
30 g sunflower seeds

Blend together eggs, butter, coconut milk, vanilla essence.

In another bowl mix coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, raisins, nuts, coconut and sunflower seeds.

Pour wet ingredients into dry and blend well until there are no lumps.

Spoon into muffin cases and bake at 170 degrees C for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment