Thursday 29 November 2012

Healthy Cinnamon Pancakes

I have been trying for ages to make a healthy pancake that doesn't fall apart when you try and flip it. At last I managed to create one that is robust, healthy (if you are OK with dairy) and tastes really good.



Makes 1 good sized pancake, ideal for breakfast with berries or savory filling. If using savory leave out the cinnamon in the mix.

1 beaten egg

2 tablespoons double cream

1 tablespoon water

1 teaspoon coconut flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 teaspoons coconut oil, avocado oil or madadamia nut oil for cooking


Mix the double cream into the beaten egg. Add the water.

Add the coconut flour and blend well.

Add the cinnamon if you are topping with fruit.

Heat the oil in a pancake pan until it smokes slightly.

Add the mixture and cook for a few minutes until the pancake is puffy and leaving the bottom of the pan (careful it doesn't burn though, the first day I did slightly burn one side!).

Flip over (it should flip in one piece if it's cooked enough) and cook for another couple of minutes. Fold over and add toppings.

I used frozen mixed fruit which I heated in the microwave (not very paleo I know!) with some cinnamon, cloves and mixed spice. Fantastic as a change from an omelette. I found this pretty much kept me going until lunch with the help of a few mixed nuts mid morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment